OUR VOLUNTEERS ROCK!
Volunteering is a great way to enjoy the other side of the event and get up close with the action.
Racewars is nothing without our amazing volunteers! We have shifts available before the event at setup as early as Friday, and on race weekend. And this year including the Monday Hill climb.
WHAT YOU GET
For all your hard work, all volunteers will receive:
- Free entry into the event over the weekend
- Free t-shirt of your choice and hat
- Additional 20% off merchandise on the day of your shift
- A day of fun at the most ridiculous runway racing event in Australia
ABOUT VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
- Spectator Gate: You’ll be the first face-to-face interaction spectators will experience, so smiling faces are important! Volunteers will be checking in spectators, distributing wristbands, taking money for people who have not purchased their tickets, and answering questions. Typical shift is 5 hours.
- Competitor Gate: You’ll be the first face-to-face interaction drivers will experience, so smiling faces are important! Volunteers will be checking cars have the appropriate stickers and entry pass’s for any spectators in the cars. Shifts are generally around a couple of hours and are on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Weekend of Event: Volunteers will be helping with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: check-in, t-shirt distribution, merchandise tent, ticket checking, entrant direction, and working at key points around the event. Typical shift is between 5-6 hours.
- Snacks and beverages will be provided
- Shift swap: You will be swapped and sometimes moved between stations. If you have a favourite position please let us know and we can try to keep you in those areas.
Opportunities available, but not limited too
- Spectator Gate Officer
- Competitor Gate Officer
- Start Marshall
- Merchandise Sales
- Traffic Warden
- General Hand
- Kids Zone Attendant
If you would like to be alongside your friends, please note their names in the 'Preferred positions' field at the bottom so you can be put together.
WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT?
Volunteers must be 14 years old or older, and accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
All volunteers are will receive a Racewars t-shirt! As for the rest of your outfit, please dress comfortably with closed toed shoes. You may be out on the racetrack, which can get a little dusty, so wear something you wouldn’t mind getting dirty or slightly wet. Please also wear sunscreen. We will have some at the head office if you forget. Please leave all valuable objects at home as Racewars is not responsible for watching your personal belongings during your shift.
For further details contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the below form to register your interest.